Jason, Barbie and Alex: Maternity Leave

5/14/2007

Maternity Leave

Today I decided that it was time to start my maternity leave. Work was just waiting for me to make the call and since I am due the day after tomorrow, I felt it was close enough. No one can say that I wimped out or didn't try, I am almost 40 weeks pregnant after all. Plus the fact that I am only sleeping 45 min. to an hour at a time, am exhausted, my feet and ankles start to swell if I am on them for more than a couple of hours, really helped in my decision. I just hope that Alex won't decide to stay in the womb for another week or 2. He needs to come out! We do think that he has dropped some more. My belly looks lower and feels fuller at the bottom, so cross your fingers and maybe we will have some exciting news this week.

3 Comments:

  • At 5/15/2007 9:27 AM, Blogger About said…

    Can't wait to hear that he's here!!

     
  • At 5/15/2007 4:38 PM, Blogger will-the-thrill said…

    Good luck with everything! It'll be worth the wait once he finally arrives. Yay Alex, can't wait to meet you!

     
  • At 5/19/2007 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi - it amazes me that you had to work until almost 40 weeks. My girlfriend is 40 weeks pregnant + 1 day and she stopped work 5 weeks ago, as do most women in the UK. Anyway, we're now desperate to get this baby out!

    Good luck
    Mark
    www.life-after-birth.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home