Jason, Barbie and Alex: 36 down, 4 to go

4/21/2007

36 down, 4 to go

Well, the myth that pregnant women can't take any medications is busted. I thought going into this experience that if I got sick, I would have to just buck up and take it. Not so. I learned early on that I didn't need to stop my regular meds. I had a cold right at the beginning and was told it's ok to take decongestants and cough syrup. This past week when the Dr. decided that my cold that just won't go away is actually bronchitis, she loaded me up. I have never filled so many prescriptions in my life! She gave me a Z-pack (antibiotic), cough syrup with codeine, and an albuteral inhaler. The cough syrup is great! I haven't slept this well since I got pregnant. I'm afraid I might be hooked : )

The above Dr.'s appointment was also my 36 week check and my last 2 week appt. Now we are down to seeing her every week. Alex is growing quite well, according to the ultrasound from the week before, he is in the 49th percentile. Sounds good to me. Some evidence shows that the size of your baby may be genetic. I hope that is wrong! My mom had 3 kids, Brian 10 lbs., me over 9 lbs. and Brenda 9lbs. One Gram had 7, 2-10 pounders and the smallest being just under 9. My other Gram had twins and they each weighed over 6 lbs. Plus, have you ever noticed that Jason's head is really round and large?

I have gained back about 7 of the 10lbs. I lost when I first came down with the cold, still 6 under where I started! My blood pressure was 98/78. My belly is at 35 1/2 cm. I think Alex may have dropped, he doesn't seem to be kicking me in the ribs quite so much anymore. I think I may be breathing easier too, hard to say with the bronchitis. I don't want to get too excited though, everyone keeps telling me that the first one is always late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home