Jason, Barbie and Alex: Doctor, Doctor

1/26/2007

Doctor, Doctor

Today I had my 24 week prenatal appointment. Jason had to work last night and the appointment was at 8:45 am so we decided he'd skip this one. He suggested that I take my sister Brenda with me and I never thought that she would be so excited to go. I told her I'd meet her at 8:35 am. Brenda doesn't always run on time so I was surprised when the phone rang at 8:25, it was her and she was already there! We only live about 4 min. away from the doctors office and hospital so I got there pretty quickly.

They did all the usual stuff, checked my weight - gained 3 1/2 lbs., took my blood pressure -120/80. We also talked about birthing classes, breastfeeding, pacifiers, giving birth. The doctor also checked the baby's heartbeat, 148-155 bpm. She also measured my belly for the first time! It is 22 cm, right on track. I also set up appointments for the rest of the pregnancy. I have one more monthly visit and then every 2 weeks until the last month when I have to see the doctor once a week.

Sometime in the next 2 weeks I have to go to the lab for more blood tests, one for the Rh panel since I am Rh negative. I will get the Rh immunoglobulin shot at my next appt. and again after the baby is born if his/her blood type is positive. The other is to check for gestational diabetes. I have to drink the sugary orange stuff, wait an hour and then have blood drawn, and hopefully there won't be any problems. We'll keep you updated!

1 Comments:

  • At 1/29/2007 7:48 PM, Blogger Ang said…

    I heard bad things about that gestational diabetes sugary drink! I heard you should bring some food with you so you can eat right after, since you have to fast!!! Get him to do the test in the AM so you dont starve all day ;) Good to hear everything is going along perfectly! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home